If your life is paralyzed by anxiety or depression, you may be able to collect Social Security Disability. In fact, about one-third of all awards for Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are mental health and mental disorder claims. Yet 75 percent of these disability claims are turned down at first. In Portland, our proven Mental Disability lawyers of JP Law can step in to help meet the high burden of proof. We have secured Social Security Disability benefits for hundreds of clients throughout Oregon, Washington, Alaska and beyond.
Oregon Lawyers For Mental Disability Benefits
Our Portland mental disability lawyers bring true compassion and understanding. From our background in mental health counseling, we know that mental impairments can take over your life. We know that many clients are reluctant to seek counseling or psychiatric care because of cultural barriers. We know that you may look fine on the outside while you are barely keeping it together on the inside.
We have successfully handled SSDI and SSI claims for mood disorders and all mental disorders, including:
- Major depression (“clinical depression”)
- Bipolar disorder (“manic-depressive”)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Somatoform disorders (“conversion disorders”)
- Panic attacks and anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Schizophrenia and schizoid disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders (autism, Asperger's, pervasive developmental disorder)
- Behavioral disorders (ADD/ADHD)
- Learning disabilities (dyslexia, dyscalculia) and sensory processing disorders
- Intellectual disability (low IQ and cognitive deficits)
- Traumatic brain injury and physical impairments that affect mood or cognitive function
Proving The Disability In Mental Disorder Claims
A diagnosis of mental illness is not enough. Many people are able to keep a job despite their mental condition, through medications and other therapy. To obtain disability benefits, we must convince the Social Security Administration that your mental impairment is truly disabling — ability to concentrate, social functioning and activities of daily living.
Judges will rule against people who seem more active than their disability claim says — going shopping, going to the movies, attending social events. Your Portland mental disability lawyer works with you and your doctors to document the bigger picture — challenges, anxieties, and suffering that prevent you from functioning in the workplace and fully engaging in life.
Get The Benefits You're Entitled To
Our Mental Disability lawyers in Portland are well-versed in mental conditions qualifying for SSD. We have been successful in hearings and in administrative and court appeals.
For compassionate support and effective representation, call 503-245-6309 or in California at (916) 678-9057 for a FREE CONSULTATION, or contact us online. There is NO OBLIGATION to hire our firm and there are NO FEES unless we secure your disability benefits.